Designed by Veethemes.com

Sam Fink


I was out in New York this past week, photographing my last few WWII vets for my book and finally got to meet with my publisher; Welcome Books. It was wonderful to meet them all.
One of the vets I got to photograph is Sam Fink. He was actually an artist in the Army. After the war was over, he ended up being a graphic designer and painter. He worked at Young and Rubicam for 22 years, and also has several books published. Can you tell that I think he is wonderful? Checkout his book EXODUS:

http://www.welcomebooks.com/exodus/

I photographed him in his downstairs studio! Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tom for this photograph. I only recently discovered the illustration of Sam Fink and promptly purchased every book of his I could find including Exodus. I think he is wonderful too. I love this photo you took. I was a technical illustrator at the Applied Physics Laboratory of Johns Hopkins for almost 30 years doing DoD work. Thank you immensely for letting me see that Sam is still alive and working.

    ReplyDelete