Designed by Veethemes.com

VIETNAM VETS







Well, here goes nothing. I have began documenting and photographing Vietnam veterans! I photographed 25 vets last Friday. Here are a few photographs, I have a lot more to work on.

The Vietnam men and women can talk just as long, and with the same amount of pride as the WWII vets I have photographed. They deserve the same amount of recognition. While the Vietnam War was much more confusing then WWII, every man that fought for our country is equally a veteran. When my second project is complete, and people have seen my images and read the stories of these men and women, I sincerely hope, your appreciation will have grown for our Vietnam Veterans.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this Tom. My dad served in Vietnam, and he has hardly spoken about it. The few times when I remember bringing it up as a child, he reacted with a lot of emotion. I learned to steer clear of the subject. My husband's late father served two tours in Vietnam, and he came back a changed man after the 2nd tour. He ended up divorced and estranged from his 3 children. Vietnam is an American tragedy in many ways... not because of any shortcomings of the men and women who served there, but because those who served have so many PENT UP feelings that run the spectrum from pride to anger to anguish. They deserve to be honored, and I commend you for tackling this very difficult subject!!!

    ReplyDelete