Designed by Veethemes.com

Pole Dancing in the domestic setting




I have started a photo series photographing women pole dancing in their homes. Now, I know what you are thinking... Pole dancing? Pole dancing at home? These women are not strippers, they only dance by themselves, or in front of other women. They have told me, it is a liberating experience to dance on the pole, and it takes great strength. They also feel incredibly comfortable in front of other women, some won't even dance for their husbands!
Both women in each image have incredibly strong bodies. I heard recently pole dancing was trying to be added to the Olympics. These women are gymnasts! I am not a scientist or a sports trainer, but I guarantee, most men, and young men like myself, could not jump on that pole, and accomplish what these women do.

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Her shadow on the garage door is really cool. Did you get any with the door closed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done...these pictures are great.

    I have to agree with you, the vertical pole is an increadible way to get lean and fit. If you see some of the women at pole dancing competitions and what they can do on the pole, it's amazing...and they look amazing too!

    I personally would break my neck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have images with the door closed, but seeing the cars helps tell the viewer that it is a garage. It also puts emphasis on the importance of what pole dancing means to the women in the photo. The fact that she uses the garage for pole dancing, and not parking her cars, says a lot!

    ReplyDelete